Pleasanton Art League (PAL) is a volunteer based non-profit organization that provides a wide range of programs and services to raise visual arts awareness , provide opportunities for local artist exposure to patrons and collectors, and for artists at all levels to grow their artistic skills.
PAL organizes a variety of on-going art activities including monthly artist demonstration meetings, professional artist workshops, art activity newsletter, website gallery for members, and hosting the following major exhibition shows:
- PAL Alviso Adobe Show – professionally juried show also open to non-members held in a restored 19th century farmstead building, now a community park in the Pleasanton foothills.
- PAL Museum on Main Show - PAL member show in an historic building that was once the town hall in the center of downtown Pleasanton.
- PAL Harrington Galley Show – The PAL Fall Show is held at the very upscale art gallery venue in the Firehouse Arts Center that also hosts performing arts shows and art classes.
PAL also hosts smaller art exhibitions around town including shows at Bankhead Theater in Livermore, and Livermore Community Center. Many other art events are available in Pleasanton including at the Alameda County Fair, and ArtBlock in Pleasanton First Wednesday Street Parties. For more information visit the website.
Art Circuit http://www.pal-art.com/art-circuit/
PAL Provides Original Art to Hang in Your Business!
The Pleasanton Art League is pleased to offer local businesses the opportunity to hang original fine artwork, from local artists, in their place of business. When you become a member of the Pleasanton Art League Public Art Circuit, participating artists will:
- Deliver and hang their artwork in your place of business.
- Label each piece of artwork with name, title, medium, price, and contact information.
- Replace any sold artwork with comparable quality piece within five days.
- Rotate artwork from one participating business to another every quarter.
- Not hold participating business responsible for loss, damage, or theft of artwork.
PAL Artists – Join the Circuit!
As a member of PAL, you are eligible to participate in PAL’s Art Circuit and display your artwork in local businesses. The Pal Art Circuit is a wonderful opportunity for artists, businesses, and the public to come together and appreciate the artwork of the Pleasanton Art League members.
Currently there are seven teams in the PAL Art Circuit (four teams of painters and two teams of photographers). A team captain runs each team. Team captains maintain contact with team members, coordinate activities on change-out day, and communicate with the Art Circuit Chairperson. Circuit Chairperson John Trimingham directs the PAL Art Circuit.
Artwork is hung for three months at each location. Change-out days are on the third Friday of January, April, July, and October. Each team moves its work from its current location to its new location. The Team Captain will determine how many pieces each artist on the team is allowed to hang. Each location has a specific number of pieces that can be hung and could range from six to sixteen.
Occasionally we have a need to add both painters and photographers to the circuit. Most teams have four artists, and we’d like each team to have five.
If you are interested in joining the PAL Circuit or know of any businesses that would like our artwork exhibited in their location, please contact John Trimingham at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 510-877-8154.
To become a member of PAL and be eligible to participate in PAL’s Art Circuit, see our Become a Member page.
Art Circuit Members
Sailors, Linda Jeffery